Learn more about our COVID-19 precautions with the video below.
Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we have increased the level of universal precautions that we always utilize. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Torrey or any of The Team.
Dr. Torrey and the entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal and state agencies: The Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant soap or hand sanitizer
- Masks required of all guests
- Empty reception area
- Full PPE’s of clinical staff
- Gloves and double masks including KN 95 with level 1 or 2 over it for procedures
- Hypochlorous acid fogging of treatment rooms between every patient
- HEPA filters in hygiene operatories
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Steam sterilization of all equipment before every use
- UV sterilization of items not able to tolerate steam sterilization
- Disposable materials when appropriate
- Weekly third party monitoring of sterilizers with spore strips